Dartmouth's Winter Carnival Polar Swim

>> 14 February 2010



This week was my birthday and what better way to spend it than with my friends in Vermont. On Friday we took a jump in the lake at Dartmouth's Winter Carnival Polar Plunge which has been described by the school's newspaper as a "pseudospontaneous event" in which participants leap into a large, rectangular opening cut into the pond with chainsaws that measures 10' wide by 20' long. There was a two hour wait and when we finally got closer to the head of the line I thought it would be better to put away my film equipment and just do it. This video is about the before and after.

GB Sig 3

1 comments:

LuLu Kellogg February 14, 2010 at 2:15 PM  

I remember YEARS ago at one of the health clubs, they had the "Danish Ice Plunge" and I can imagine this had to be similar. I don't think I could do it!

Hope you had a Happy Cake Day lovely one! Have a safe trip home :)

Happy Heart Day,
LuLu♥

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com. Custom theme by Glamour Bomb, 2009.

Back to TOP