>> 11 March 2010
Last week I offered up as a PIF item (Pay-It-Forward) on Etsy a free modified Minima template with three columns. As most people know, the original Minima template has only two columns. Now it's available in dark as you can see above. See the live demo here.
Here's the specifications of this template's built-in features:
- The template is 940px wide with the main column coded at 500px and the side columns at 185px.
- An additional area for adding gadgets just below the banner. The translation menu I used in this demo is a perfect example. Use this for static (sticky) notes, photos, extra menu bars, widgets, polls, etc.
- Peek-a-boo navigation bar designed to avoid its interference with your blog's design while simultaneously preserving its functionality. (Click here for instructions on how to replace the navbar if you prefer that it appear in your blog).
- Numbered comments! Great for contests! (Note: be sure to "keep" widgets when asked in the pop-up window upon importing this template for numbered comments to work correctly. For more help, read this tutorial from Susie Jefferson of 1st Floor Flat).
- Just like a great pair of jeans, this template also comes in "W-I-D-E" and "skinny" widths!
- Note: When you install this template the color scheme will revert to the Minima template's original defaults. This is intended for you to customize in order to coordinate with your preferred free background.
See the live demo and download files here:
Everybody loves to be acknowledged and appreciated. If you enjoy this template please let me know! Some of the best ways to do so are as follows:
- Write a blog post after installing this template. Tell your friends how awesome it is and where you got it.
- Heart this item on Etsy.
- Heart my Etsy shop.
- Follow me on Tumblr.
- Follow me on Twitter (I will follow back!).
- Follow me here on Blogger with Google Friend Connect (I will follow back!).
- Leave comments on my blog.
- Join the Glamour Bomb Facebook fan page.
- Follow Glamour Bomb with the Facebook application "NetworkedBlogs".