LuLu's New Dress!

>> 28 March 2010

Many of my new readers have been enjoying my series of the modified 3 column Minima template I coded and am giving away under a CC 3.0.

It's basically just your normal 2 column minima with an extra side column.  There's one that's just perfect for free backgrounds by such fabulous designers as 1stFloorFlat, Itkupilli's Cute'n'Cool, the Background Fairy and more.  I call that model the "Skinny" because it's a slender one that fits the design specifications of most free backgrounds.

But I also developed templates with extra elbow room and I call them "Standard" and "Wide".  Think of them as ectomorphic, endomorphic and mesomorphic templates respectively.

Now I'm developing a 3 column Minima with an additional three footer columns much like the ones coded in my template here (scroll down to the bottom of my blog to see!) ⬇

The first to test this new template is my wonderful friend LuLu of Coastal Sisters. You should really have a look at how pretty it is with her new free background she's sporting from the Cutest Blog on The Block.  LuLu's giving this template a beta test for me and will be providing me feedback to let me know how it's working for her.

How about you, dear reader? Would you be interested in testing this template?

Let me know and I'll send you an invite. In only ask that you be willing to test drive this template on your formal blog (not your test blog) for at least 21 days and give me feedback on how it's working for you. To receive an invite just contact me by clicking on the invitation below and type "3+3" in the message box. I'd appreciate it if you'd leave a comment, too. But it's not necessary to receive an invite. I'm only giving away 3 beta invites so hurry! :)


It's funny because when LuLu posted her debut the new template she likened it to a new dress. I think that's so apropos because I feel like templates are a dress form and the free backgrounds that the above referenced designers create are the gowns.  It's when I began to see a lot of ill coded templates -- or rather an "ill fitted" dress forms -- that I got my tailoring skillz (i.e. coding skills) out to help make sure your dress fits your blog perfectly.  To me it's a lot like dressing up paper dolls!

BTW, you can enjoy the paper doll illustrated above compliments of Farah Rahman.




2 comments:

Sandra March 28, 2010 at 1:28 PM  

LuLu's blog is FABULOUS and I've already told her so! The looks is fantastic and what a great improvement.
Well done, WELL DONE!

Sandra March 28, 2010 at 1:29 PM  

Oops. Sorry, my eyesight isn't all that great and sometimes I don't catch my errors...should be the "look"...

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

  © Blogger template by Ourblogtemplates.com. Custom theme by Glamour Bomb, 2009.

Back to TOP